Do you desire waterfront views as you lounge in your backyard this summer. Many statewide restrictions will most likely still be in place as the summer heats up. A staycation may be in the near future for all of us. What would make that staycation even sweeter would be having waterfront access on your property.
In the Hampton Roads area, there are many waterfront types you can choose from. If you are new to the waterfront search, it can be overwhelming and confusing. When searching for that perfect waterfront property on REIN.com there are many ways to find what you are looking for by narrowing it down within the MORE tab.
When searching on REIN.com you can select Waterfront under REQUIRED FEATURES. To narrow it down more, you can type any one of the following terms under DESCRIPTION to better define your results. Make sure to click CLOSE at the bottom of the MORE section to view all available homes.
Waterfront Terms You Should Know:
- Riparian Rights: When a property is on a waterway it might not necessarily have rights to the water around it, unless it states “Riparian Rights”. In these properties you have rights to the water and the land below, which will enable you to have dock access or build a dock if there isn’t one already.
- Navigable: This describes water that enables a boat to navigate through.
- Deep Water/Deep Water Access: For those avid boaters you will want to search by this, especially if you have a large boat you want to dock on your property.
- Bulkhead: This man-made barrier wall that separates and protects the property from the water.
- Boat Lift: This is a device that secures your boat above the water. This can be great for protecting your boat from any damage.
Searchable Waterfront Types:
When viewing each listing, these items will show in the WATERFRONT section. To view waterfront details of a particular home you are interested in, simply scroll down the homes listing details to view a section labeled WATERFRONT. This section gives you more insight into the waterfront details of the property.
There are over 1,000 waterfront properties on REIN.com currently with a median list price of $499,900. Virginia Beach has the biggest opportunity for you to find a waterfront property you might love with over 300 waterfront listings. Check out Virginia Beach waterfront properties today.
We encourage you to connect with one of our 8,000 agents to help you find that waterfront home that’s right for you. If it’s a question of what you can afford, check out our mortgage calculator to help estimate your monthly payments. For local listings you can trust, start with REIN.com.
Start with the Source. Share the Source. REIN.com.