Do you envision your dream home having a pool? If a pool is a feature that tops your must-haves list, here are 6 things to consider before you make your purchase.
1. Maintenance: Pools require upkeep and regular maintenance. The homeowner must have the time and energy to be diligent about proper cleaning in order to make sure you’re not creating a bigger problem for yourself and your property. If you don’t have the time, there are pool servicing companies that can assist you with maintenance. This is a fee you will have to budget into your household expenses.
2. Quality of Life: For many, a pool is used as a source of entertainment. Whether it’s for your personal enjoyment or for a community hangout spot, a pool can be a crowd pleaser. It’s a great way to enjoy time spent with the ones you care about in the privacy and comfort of your own home. If you’re a fitness enthusiast, a pool can also double as a great way to stay in shape. Swimming is a great source of exercise and has several health benefits.
3. Utilities: With a pool you can expect an increase in utility bills. You could see a jump in your electricity and water bill which is something to consider when calculating overall household expenses.
4. Homeowners Insurance: You will likely also see an increase in homeowners insurance because of the high risk of injury that can come with having a pool.
5. Home Inspections: Basic home inspections don’t cover the inspection of a pool. To make sure your pool is as move-in ready as your home is, find a pool inspector that can properly certify your pool.
6. Safety: Pool safety is very important and if you have small children or pets it’s something to think about before making your purchase. Teaching pool safety will be critical and ensuring the proper fencing and locks are installed is vital.
Now that you’ve taken everything into consideration and you’ve made the best decision for you and your family, let’s find that dream home. Use the “Homes with a Pool” carousel on the homepage of REIN.com or the Required Features option to filter your search for homes with pools. Happy house hunting!
Start with the Source. Share the Source. REIN.com.