With a new season comes a great opportunity to transform your home and make it feel brand new again. Whether you tend to go all out and shift your home’s atmosphere to match the season or prefer adding subtle hints in your favorite spaces, consider trying something new. Cozy up your space for the changing temperatures with these autumn home décor ideas.
- Bring the Outdoors In: Bring the things you love about outdoors into your home. Create arrangements and centerpieces out of foliage. Use dried fall leaves or leaf cutouts as garland around the home for a calming natural touch.
- Get Comfy with Textures: Add in a chunky throw and oversized knitted pillows to your décor to really bring in the feel of fall. For an even softer and cozier touch, find ways to incorporate velvet.
- Set the Mood with Lighting: Use your lighting to evoke the emotions you want to feel during the fall season. Swap out those overhead lights for candles. Change out your light bulbs to warmer hues.
- Introduce Rattan Accents to Your Favorite Room: You may have noticed a resurgence of rattan furniture in stores. While some have opted to swap out chairs and side tables for the new trend, you can easily add it to your current style. Sites like Etsy offer a wide variety of rattan accent pieces.
- Focus on Fall Colors: Don’t feel like you have to paint your walls to bring the right fall colors into your home. Bring in dark reds, deep greens, golds, browns, oranges, and yellows in items like your pillows, throws, and tablescapes.
- Add Autumn Curb Appeal: You may still find moments to enjoy sitting out on your front porch or lounging in your backyard as the days grow colder. Don’t forget to show some of these spaces some fall love. Add chunky throws and plush pillows to your outdoor seating. Add pops of color with a fall flower favorite, mums. Adorn your entryway with pumpkins, gourds, lanterns, and an autumn wreath. Keeping up with your home’s curb appeal is important, especially if you intend to list your home as we head into the holidays.
Whether you’re on a budget or willing to splurge a little this year, you can always find ways to add the warmth of the season to your home.
Local Home Listings You Can Trust.