The majority of our home search revolves around the needs of our family members. Who’s wish list is more important? Who gets the bigger bedroom? Who will ultimately take ownership of the finished room over the garage? Will the detached garage be a man cave filled with car parts or a she-shed with gym equipment? So many opinions!
But, what about your four-legged fur babies? It’s not always enough to have a nice sized yard for your energetic pup or soft new carpet for older dogs. Proximity to emergency vets, pet-friendly businesses, and puppy play yards may be worth considering when looking for your new home. If you’ve been thinking of adding a dog park to your house hunting needs and wants list, we have you covered. Here are a few dog parks in the 757 that are worth checking out.
- Bea Arthur Dog Park/PETA: This waterfront location has a ramp and plenty of room for running and swimming in the Elizabeth River.
- Ghent Dog Park/Stockley Gardens: Ghent is known for being eclectic, fun, accepting, and animal loving! The streets are tree-lined and there’s a dog bowl filled with water outside most shops. There are a few parks in Ghent and surrounding areas where your pup can run, but this particular one has a long enough space for high energy pups to break out in a full run.
- Lafayette Dog Park: With a high Google rating and several comments about friendly owners, it’s no surprise that Lafayette Dog Park makes the list. Benches for seating and a beautiful view of the Lafayette River.
- Fido Field – In April of 2006, the city of Newport News opened their first Dog Park, Fido Field, in the Riverview Farm Park. With over one acre of open area, Fido Field is a great place for you and your dog to socialize and exercise. Be sure to register your dog before showing up, and the reviews say to bring bug spray!
- Red Wing Dog Park – This 1-acre fenced park is perfect for both small and large dogs to play together.
- Bayville Farms Park – Arguably one of the best parks in the city, Bayville Farms Park is home to a huge playground, basketball courts, picnic tables, and clean restrooms. Afterwards, head over to TASTE for a quick Sammie, yummy gelato, and a game of Cornhole. Pups welcome!
- Chesapeake City Park – City Park now has two dog parks that separate small dogs and medium-large dogs. Located at the back of the park, this new area with 6-foot fencing encompass 1.5 acres.
- Deep Creek Park – Deep Creek Park has one large area for all dogs. It’s conveniently located next to a playground, which is great if you’re taking your kids and dog out for some fresh air together.
If you are ready to start making memories in a new home, it is best to team up with a local agent who is knowledgeable about the homes in the Hampton Roads region. For a private tour of any of these properties, be sure to request more information by reaching out to the agent directly. If you need buyer representation, connect with one of REIN’s 8,000 agents to help you find the kitchen of your dreams. Not sure what you can afford? Check out the mortgage calculator to help estimate possible monthly payments. For local listings you can trust, start with REIN.com.
Start with the Source. Share the Source. REIN.com. https://www.rein.com/ https://www.rein.com/search/state=VA&country=US&latlng:ll=36.8507689,-76.28587259999999&city=Norfolk
https://www.norfolk.gov/834/Dog-Parks https://www.norfolk.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1529/Dog-Parks?bidId= https://www.rein.com/search/state=VA&country=US&latlng:ll=37.0870821,-76.4730122&city=Newport%20News
https://www.nngov.com/898/Fido-Field-Dog-Park https://www.bringfido.com/attraction/parks/city/newport_news_va_us/ https://www.vbgov.com/government/departments/parks-recreation/parks-trails/Pages/dog-parks.aspx https://www.rein.com/search/city=Virginia%20Beach&state=VA&country=US&latlng:ll=36.8529263,-75.97798499999999 https://www.taste.online/locations/bayville-farms http://www.cityofchesapeake.net/government/city-departments/departments/parks-recreation-tourism/parks/dogpark.htm https://www.rein.com/search/city=Chesapeake&state=VA&country=US&latlng:ll=36.7682088,-76.2874927