Sellers have the upper hand in the market right now with low inventory and the median sales price riding an inclining trend(Currently at $267,000). Even in a seller’s market, curb appeal matters and further increases the value of your home and the offers – adding as much as 7% to the sale price of the home.
So, what is curb appeal? Curb appeal is how attractive and inviting a home is when viewed from the street. When preparing your home to sell, you don’t want an interested buyer to be turned off by dreary landscaping or a sad paint job. Your home’s first impression starts on the outside. Wow buyers with these 5 budget-friendly curb appeal tips.
- Wash the Exterior: Get rid of dirt and mildew with a good power wash. You can rent a power washer if you don’t own one and almost instantly restore the face of your home back to its former glory. Remember to wash your windows, inside and out, to let more natural light in!
- Spruce up the Landscaping: Before listing your home for sale, add fresh mulch and prune shrubs around the home. Pull any weeds or overgrown vines and add plants for pops of color. While your home is on the market, cut the lawn regularly.
- Paint Party: A fresh coat of paint can go a long way. If you’re not ready to tackle the entire house, take on your front door or even the shutters! Try a bold color that makes your home stand out among the rest, but be sure to not go too bold. Pick a color that you think would appeal to most buyers.
- Mailbox Facelift: Replace that outdated mailbox with something more modern. Be sure to follow any rules and regulations of your neighborhood.
- Update the Entryway: What says “come on in” better than a new, inviting welcome mat or a beautiful wreath? These can be eye-catching to those passing by. Be sure to also update any dated light fixtures leading into the home.
There are many things you can do to boost the appeal of your home. What you put into sprucing up your curb appeal is what you will get out of it in the end. With a little TLC you could see major returns on your investment. For more advice on preparing your home for the market, connect with one of REIN’s 8,000 agents . If it’s a question of what you can afford, check out our mortgage calculator to help estimate your monthly payments. For local listings you can trust, start with REIN.com.
Start with the Source. Share the Source. REIN.com. https://magazine.realtor/daily-news/2020/01/27/how-much-does-curb-appeal-affect-home-value